Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 19:13
    Peter S

How do I install package a package?

I'm new to umbraco so please bear with me. I'd like to install the Google Sitemap-package so I go to the "Developers" section, choose "Packages" and "Install local package". However, the Google Sitemap-package doesn't have a .zip or .umb extension. Instead there are the xml and xslt files. How do I install these?

• Tommy Poulsen 514 posts 708 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 19:16
    Tommy Poulsen

Hi Peter, on the project page (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/google-analytics-for-umbraco) there is a zip file for download - use this one

>Tommy

May 18, 2010 @ 19:36
    Peter S

Oh, man. Now I feel stupid... :) The one I looked at is found here and as I downloaded it OS X unzipped it for me. Forgot about that feature.

Thanks for the reply!

May 18, 2010 @ 19:38
    Peter S

Is there a sitemap in the Google Analytics package you linked to?

May 18, 2010 @ 19:40
    May 19, 2010 @ 17:04
    Peter S

I tried installing it but I get this error message:

Could not upload file
    System.Exception: Error unpacking extension... ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Any ideas on what might be the problem? I can install the packages under "Umbraco package repository" without any problems.

May 20, 2010 @ 20:52
    Tommy Poulsen

Hmm, weird - I have no problems installing it as a local package (Sitereactor.GoogleAnalytics_1.0.7.zip)

May 20, 2010 @ 20:56
    Peter S

I made a little double post when I came across the error message and may be close to a solution.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/9243-Error-message-when-installing-package

• Galileo 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:09
    Galileo

I have deleted this message to post now topic: Problems to install packages

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft