Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Beauchamp 9 posts 30 karma points
    Jun 16, 2010 @ 17:04
    John Beauchamp

Errors with some datatypes in Edit in Canvas mode

Hello All,

We are working on a site for a client and hoping to make use of the edit in canvas mode. But, we are running into some problems with datatypes that are not text:

Date:

When you edit in canvas it shows a date picker, but the date text field is empty. When I click on the calendar I get a javascript error that reads “Calendar is undefined”. Then anytime I try to click away from the calendar field to update another field i get an umbraco bubble message on the bottom right corner that reads “An unknown error has occurred while processing the request on the server”. Log file reads: “Unable to edit item 12: edit of item 7 still in progress.”

Content Picker:

I’m able to choose and change a node. But if I try to delete the node so none is selected and then click away, it gives me that bubble unknown error message. Log says “Unable to edit item 12: edit of item 10 still in progress.”. Also when I click to choose a node it pops up a window and says “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page”. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Upload file:

The upload file tool does not do anything when I browse and upload a file. It pops up the window “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page”, then does a post back. But after that I check the record and no file has been uploaded.

The fields are added to the templates as Umbraco Items.

Any ideas on how to address this?

Umbraco version: 4.0.4.1, ASP.net: 3.5

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft