Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 12:09
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

CRUD operation in umbraco

I would like to use umbraco namespaces to do the Create( or insert)  /Read / Update / Delete operation for records on database level for a custom table that I have in database.( not umbraco table) 

Is there any documentation or any sample code that I can reuse it?

any help much appreciated 

Ali

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 12:26
    Ismail Mayat

Ali,

Take a look at project http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/dewd

Regards

Ismail

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 12:59
  • Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 13:49
    Dirk De Grave

... But would rather go with a orm solution already available on the market, such as NHibernate, Subsonic.... especially if you're dealing with custom tables. Any particular reason why to use the umbraco datalayer?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jul 08, 2010 @ 14:10
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Just for consistency, All I want to is, I would like to create a custom review and rating together for my site, that's why I have created a table that has the records for that and also when users submit the review and rating i want to show it to admin for approval ? 

you are more than welcome if you've got any idea for simple implementation of this 

Cheers

Ali

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 14:13
    Rich Green

Personally I would use the API to add them as nodes within umbraco, then you are all set up for approval / publishing etc.

Rich

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 14:17
    Nik Wahlberg

You can also take a look at the course for Content Maintenance (by Richard Soetman). I believe he uses the DataLayer in some of the operations.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/content-maintenance-dashboard-package

HTH,
    Nik

Jul 08, 2010 @ 14:20
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Hi Green, 

if you mean in content section. I dont see it as a good point because if you have got 10000 of reviews. it will reduce the speed of loading the content. 

And I don't think review should be placed in content. I am going to create another section for that to handle it. I know it has a lot of extra work but I couldnt find any other way to mange it :( 

Cheers

Ali

Jul 13, 2010 @ 17:59
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

I have defined my custom class for database operation and on the other side in umbraco I used DEWD which is a great package. Don't miss DEWD package if you want to keep the logic of your website separate than content.

Thanks Ismail for your help too.

Best Regards,

Ali

• Sudipta Nandi 8 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 16:54
    Sudipta Nandi

Hi,

Please provide the solution of how I will populate a drop down from database value using DEWD. I am using Umbraco 7.2. Please also provide me the version required version of DEWD for Umbraco 7.2. Please help me

Thanks

Sudipta

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft