This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• javier 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 20:35
    javier

cant use umbracoUseDirectoryUrls....

Hi,

I want to use extensionless references

www.website.com/demo  insted of www.website.com/demo.aspx

I know the friendly way, as described here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/setting-up-umbraco-for-friendly-urls,  but the server is a shared host and no changes to IIS can be done.

Somebody has a dll or some code to help me?

Thanks.

Javier

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 21:01
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Javier,

are you using IIS6 or 7? I'm afraid if you are using IIS6 then there is no way for you to make this work without adding wildcard forwarding (aka let ASP handle all requests to the server) as the UrlRewriter module depends on this to work. There is no dll or piece of code which can amend this to my knowledge. However can this not be set up for you in the shared environment?

If you are using IIS7 matters are much better as with integrated pipeline mode you would not need wildcard forwarding anymore. I've installed Umbraco v4.5 the other day and it all works right out of the box. :)

Sorry that there is no way around this, maybe somebody else has more insight and a better idea?

Sascha

• javier 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 21:28
    javier

Thanks for the answer.

I don't know the IIS version. I spoke to the hosting company and they said that no changes can be done to IIS because we are in a shared host. Final word is: can't touch IIS configuration,

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft