Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max Edwards 26 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 14:12
    Max Edwards

Contour resetting scroll bar to the top of the page when validating input

I have a request from a client to stop a page jumping to the top of the page after a contour form fails validation.

Does anyone know why it does this and how easy it might be to change this behaviour? It looks like the validation is done client-side.

Thanks

• Mads Krohn 211 posts 504 karma points c-trib
    Oct 17, 2010 @ 22:44
    Mads Krohn

Even though this is an old question I thought I might as well throw in the answer, as I was having the same problem recently. The page jumping is caused by the .NET validation functions and is a known bug/feature. Somewhere in the validation script is a call to window.scrollTo(0, 0) and that is what causes the jumping.

A very quick workaround it to override the scrollTo function with an empty function on $(document).ready() or similar: window.scrollTo = function () { }

Just be sure that there aren't any other scripts using that function, as they will fail as well. I have tried using the following code with great succes:

window.originalScrollTo = window.scrollTo;
    window.scrollTo = function () { }

Then I can still use the scrollTo functionality, however, the form validation wont make the page jump.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft