Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 152 posts 176 karma points
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 10:34
    Pete

SendToPublication questions

I am using this to allow members to submit their own details for approval.

Am I correct in thinking the User submitted to this function is the current logged in member rather than the umbraco cms user we want to approve the change?

Also, I'm already using this function and I'm seeing the content itself change in the CMS but the node is still marked as published and the history does not reflect the change. Does this only happen on publish? Is there any way to identify nodes awaiting approval for changes within the CMS?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2010 @ 10:48
    Ismail Mayat

Pete,

With regards to first part I thnk you are right you would need to make core change to make it the cms user to approve the change.  To see what is in approval use the excellent http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/notifications-dashboard

Regards

Ismail

Aug 02, 2010 @ 10:56
    Pete

Great recommendation, I'll install that dashboard, cheers Ismail.

• Joe Noble 5 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 22:09
    Joe Noble

[First Post yay!].... I am working on a member section that too uses the API to "save" data and send it for approval. Because of the nature of this site/program I cannot do it through the back office portion of Umbraco. I have no problems in getting the information/data to save, but I am not seeing it reflected in the node tree. They stay as published. Is there a way to still allow this through the asp.net API and get the nodes to update properly?

Be gentle with me.... I am new to Umbraco!  :)

Update:

For anyone who has run into this simple problem...All I had to do was set the following value and save:

doc.Published = false;
    doc
    .Save();

Sep 17, 2010 @ 17:56
    Pete

You'll need to refresh the cache as well. I can't remember what the method is called off the top of my head. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft