Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 12:59
    Bogdan

ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache - how does it work?

Hi,

if I set ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache to False, when will the cache be updated?

Thanks!

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 14:43
    Bogdan

I cannot edit my post, I get the error "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\forum-commentsList.xslt ", so I'll add a reply here. EDIT: The problem I'm facing is this: I have a website where an unexpectedly high number of nodes are created by visitors. There are over 25k now, created in only a few days, and when adding a new one it takes now 40 seconds. The website runs on 6 dedicated machines, and one very powerful db server. The server loads are not very high. So I was looking for ways to impove the performance. The nodes are created with Document.MakeNew and 4 or 5 properties are set with not a lot of data. The cache is also used a lot, but not having it updated every time a node is create wouldn't be a big issue. That's why i was wondering if setting ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache to False would make the cache to update only under certain conditions, or not update at all, maybe only when I replublish the entire website. The logging and debugging are off. Umbraco version is 4.0.4.2. Are there any tweeks I can do to improve the performance?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft