Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Yohannes 58 posts 188 karma points
    Sep 20, 2010 @ 13:53
    Simon Yohannes

umbracoUrlAlias can't have apostrophe?

regular umbraco NiceUrls permit apostrophe, why not in an umbracoUrlAlias field?

add apostrophe to umbracoUrlAlias and it won't work unless you remove it.

Am i missing a trick?

thanks,

Simon

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Sep 20, 2010 @ 14:11
    Kim Andersen

Hi Simon.

As far as I can see it's not possible to include an apostrophe ( ' ) in the umbracoUrlAlias. But why would you want to do that? (Just curious :) )

I think the thought about the umbracoUrlAlias is to give the customers a chance of creating some nice short url like "campaign2010", "spring", "tv" etc.

And a nother thing. It's actually never a good thing to include a lot of special characters in the url. Characters like space, æ ,ø å, õ, ", ' etc. should, if possible, be removed from urls in my opinion, as the different browser can't alway figure out how to handle theese characters.

Back to your question - I can't seem to get the umbracoUrlAlias working either when trying to include an apostrophe.

And just to be clear, this answer is ment in a friendly and possitive way :)

Maybe someone else have a good idea to why it's not possible to include apostrophes in the umbracoUrlAlias-property :)

/Kim A

• Simon Yohannes 58 posts 188 karma points
    Sep 20, 2010 @ 15:38
    Simon Yohannes

Thanks Kim,

It just seemed odd considering regular NiceUrl of a node will include an apostrophe but you can't have the same functionality if you provide your own umbracoUrlAlias with an apostrophe.

It's nothing major but i think it's an oversight

Si.

ps:i <3 umbraco ;]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft