Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andles 44 posts 64 karma points
    Nov 28, 2010 @ 05:00
    andles

Multiple nodes with the same URL problem

I see the error in the Umbraco log to the effect ‘Sitemap Multiple nodes with the same URL’. I recognise this as an issue with site map provider requiring unique URLs.

The node in question is actually a backend record as opposed to an actual page a user will view, and I think it is something to do with the fact that this node / record is encrypted as per a business rule, and then a similar node is recreated with the same name.

A couple of questions: firstly, I don’t actually care about the error as it is not breaking my app, so is it safe to just ignore it?

Also, I’m confused as the URL, as viewed next to ‘Link To Document’ and succesfully, published, cache updated using API (to an encrypted version of the original string) should no longer be in the sitemap? Certainly, in Umbraco itself I see no nodes with same name – I see the old node with the new encrypted URL and the new node with the same URL as the now decrypted version originally had. Is this just case of the sitemap cache being out of sync with the Umbraco cache?

Cheers,

Andles...

• Ian Robinson 79 posts 143 karma points
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 19:38
    Ian Robinson

I'm seeing the same issue in the umbraco log, affecting about 12 nodes, but it keeps repeating in the umbraco log.

Did you find out why this issue occurs or if it's safe to ignore it?

e.g.

Error adding to SiteMapProvider in loadNodes(): System.InvalidOperationException: Multiple nodes with the same URL '/blah/blah/' were found. XmlSiteMapProvider requires that sitemap nodes have unique URLs.     at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode)     at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft