Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• viral 48 posts 69 karma points
    Nov 28, 2010 @ 19:45
    viral

Umbraco Search using UmbSearch2 !!!

Hi,

I am using UmbSearch2 for searching in Umbraco. Based on http://umbsearch2.codeplex.com/ i follow all the steps. But when i am using "Search Box" user control, it gives me error like :

"Error creating contol(usercontrols/UmbSearch2/SearchBox.ascx)

May be file doesn't exists or the user control has a cache directive, which is not allowed"

When i am using SearchResult user control, it doesn't give me any error. Please help.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 28, 2010 @ 22:02
    Aaron Powell

If you turn on the debug info you'll get to see the actual error message.

How to turn it on can be found here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos

Nov 28, 2010 @ 22:26
    viral

Thanks. But i don't know how to resolve it.Here is the stack trace.

Error reading usercontrols/UmbSearch2/SearchBox.ascx

The following list shows the Public Properties from the Control. By checking the Properties and click the "Save Properties" button at the bottom, umbraco will create the corresponding Macro Elements.

System.Web.HttpParseException: The resource object with key 'Search' was not found. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: The resource object with key 'Search' was not found. ---> System.Web.HttpException: The resource object with key 'Search' was not found. at System.Web.Compilation.ResourceExpressionBuilder.ParseExpression(String expression, Type propertyType, ExpressionBuilderContext context) at System.Web.UI.BoundPropertyEntry.ParseExpression(ExpressionBuilderContext context) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.FillUpBoundPropertyEntry(BoundPropertyEntry entry, String name) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.AddBoundProperty(String filter, String name, String expressionPrefix, String expression, ExpressionBuilder expressionBuilder, Object parsedExpressionData, Boolean generated, String fieldName, String formatString, Boolean twoWayBound) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.AddBoundProperty(String filter, String name, String expressionPrefix, String expression, ExpressionBuilder expressionBuilder, Object parsedExpressionData, String fieldName, String formatString, Boolean twoWayBound) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttribute(String filter, String attribname, String attribvalue, Boolean mainDirectiveMode) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttributes(ParsedAttributeCollection attribs) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.Init(TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Type type, String tagName, String id, IDictionary attribs) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateBuilderFromType(TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Type type, String tagName, String id, IDictionary attribs, Int32 line, String sourceFileName) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseReader(StreamReader reader, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse(ICollection referencedAssemblies, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at umbraco.developer.assemblyBrowser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Nov 28, 2010 @ 23:04
    Aaron Powell

I'd say you're missing something from your web.config, refer to the UmbSearch2 documentation and ensure that everything is setup correctly.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Nov 29, 2010 @ 12:32
    Ismail Mayat

viral,

what version of umbraco are you using if its latest i would recommend using examine for searching.

Regards

Ismail

Nov 29, 2010 @ 13:37
    viral

Ismail,

I am using Umbraco 4.0. And how do i configure Examine in Umbraco?

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2010 @ 13:41
    Aaron Powell

There's some good getting-started videos on umbraco.tv

• Alex Reyes 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 25, 2013 @ 07:25
    Alex Reyes

Based on the error message, the SearchBox.ascx control cannot find the resource object that contains a key named "Search".

System.Web.HttpParseException: The resource object with key 'Search' was not found. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: The resource object with key 'Search' was not found. ---> System.Web.HttpException: The resource object with key 'Search' was not found.

In the code below (which was retrieved from the SearchBox.ascx default installation), the error points to the missing UmbSearch2Resources object:

<asp:Button ID="btnSearch" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:UmbSearch2Resources, Search %>" class="searchbutton"/>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft