Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Morlion 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 10, 2010 @ 18:07
    Peter Morlion

Membership.GetUser() returning previously logged in member

I'm using Umbraco 4.5.2. I am making an Ajax call to a handler, that, for testing purposes, returns the logged in user name. I read this page (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/membership-providers) so I used:

System.Web.Security.Membership.GetUser()

Now, my problem: when I log in as User1, I get 'User1' back, which is correct. Then, I log out, and log in as User2. This time, my code returns 'User1' again.

Is there caching involved? When I restart my browser, I can log in as User2 and get 'User2' returned. But again, logging out and logging in as another user, will return 'User2' everytime.

On the same page I have the following macro:

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn() = true()">

You are logged in as 

<xsl:variable name="user" select="umbraco.library:GetCurrentMember()/@loginName"/>

"<xsl:value-of select="$user"/>"

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

You are not logged in.

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

This always returns the correct user. Using the umbraco library in my C# code doesn't solve this by the way.

Anyone else having the same problem or know how to fix it?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 10, 2010 @ 18:36
    Morten Bock

A guess: Is your ajax request a GET request? Browsers have a habit of caching those. Changing it to a POST request might help.

• Peter Morlion 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 19:51
    Peter Morlion

That was the problem indeed! Just changed it to a POST request, and it's solved. Thanks!

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Sep 18, 2011 @ 15:39
    Pete

I am having this issue with my  " umbraco v 4.7.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4090.38017) ".

Can anyone suggest a fix ?

I'm thinking that the "auth" cookie isn't getting expired upon logout, then my xlst, which uses:

<xsl:if test="umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn()">
        <p class="fr" id="loggedIn">
          Welcome <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetCurrentMember()/@nodeName"/>, <a href="/login.aspx?signout=true">logout</a>
        </p>
      </xsl:if>

Thinks they're still logged on.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft