Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Laura Holland 82 posts 103 karma points
    Jan 06, 2011 @ 21:33
    Laura Holland

TinyMCE Richtext Editor has disappeared from Content area?

I just noticed that the TinyMCE areas on both of my templates have disappeared from their respective tabs in the Content section. Both the text box and the icons are gone..

Obviously something has gone amiss. I'm running this installation in a temorary sub-domain for now.. Perhaps this is the problem? I think it was working when I was running it locally. Or perhaps the problem is with permissions?

Jan 06, 2011 @ 22:12
    Laura Holland

I'm getting a "tinyMCE not defined" error from Firebug.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2011 @ 22:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Larua

How does you documenttype look like? Is the rich text editor property setup still?

/Jan

Jan 06, 2011 @ 22:22
    Laura Holland

Yes, I see it set up correctly under the appropriate document types, and I see it under Data Types associated with TinyMCE v3. 

If I change the area in the document type to a simple text editor it works fine, but I'd rather have a rich text editor.

Jan 06, 2011 @ 22:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, that's weird.

If you look under "datatypes" in the developer section - is it still exiting in there? If so what happens if you try to create another instance of it and then make your document type use the new instance instead?

/Jan

Jan 18, 2011 @ 21:55
    Laura Holland

I haven't figured out what is wrong.. I created a new datatype with the tinymce v3 type, and added it to a document type, but when I go to the content section any node using this document type won't display in the content tab. So I think I have some sort of serious problem. I think maybe I'm missing some files.. I had a weird upload when moving this site to the live server. I think I'll start from scratch with this one.. too many problems.

Jan 18, 2011 @ 22:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Laura

Yeah it sounds like a corrupt installation. Are you sure that the neccesary permissions for the network service and the iusr has been set on the root folder? (The folder containing all the folder and files of Umbrac).

Can you perhaps post a screendump of how your backoffice looks?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft