Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mustufa Baig 19 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 05:59
    Mustufa Baig

Inconsistent published content

umbraco 4.5.2, .net 3.5, iis6.0

Hi there,

Assume I have umbraco document (id=1205) which is created using umbraco document api. After few weeks I started experiencing the following situation:

Node node = new Node(1205);                  // creates a node of nodeId=1205 just fine

Document doc = new Document(1205);    // throws an exception "document does not exists"

When I look into umbraco tree I do not find it. I tried republishing contents multiple times thinking may the published content xml (umbraco.config) is out of sync but i was still getting the same result. I also deleted the umbraco.config from the file system but same result.

If the document does not exists in the umbraco DB then why it is included in the published content xml?

Now I cannot trust Linq2Umbraco because it uses NodeDataProvider and it may return stale data.

Has anybody experienced this situation?

thanks

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12843 karma points MVP
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 10:05
    Richard Soeteman

HI Mustafa,

What if you republish your entire site, I assume then the config file is okay? Any errors in the umbracolog table that contains the id 1205? Could be that upon delete of the document something went wrong and then your .config is out of sync with your database. most errors are because of the lucene indexer that locks the file. This is solved in 4.6.1 maybe upgrade?

Cheers,

Richard

Jan 21, 2011 @ 14:32
    Mustufa Baig

I have gone through all the ways which can refresh umbraco.config file but nothing worked. Is there way I can remove orphaned records? any add on or package which can clean up older documents.

Thanks

Mustufa

Jan 21, 2011 @ 15:29
    Mustufa Baig

ok i found an exception in the log file which lead this document in an inconsistent state:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.PublishWithResult(User u)     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Publish(User u)     at Repositories.RepositoryBase`1.Increment(Int32 docId, String propertyName) in c:\projects\Repositories\RepositoryBase.cs:line 109

wondering what Document.PublishWithResult(User u)  is?

Jan 28, 2011 @ 14:30
    Mustufa Baig

this is still unresolved issue. I pretty sure that it has something to do Examine indexer default indexing interval. It is set to 10sec by default. what happens when administrator start creating/publishing contents then after creating few documents the previous documents start to disappear, basically for some reason go into inconsistent state.

After I set the indexing interval to 30 sec.... this particular issue did not happen again.

I thing it requires more isolation between the publishing and indexing process.

any thoughts?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft