Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Laura Holland 82 posts 103 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:51
    Laura Holland

WVD Media - embed code in tinymce - not working with 4.5?

I think this package is just what I'm looking for, but it doesn't appear to work with Umbraco 4.5. I'm trying to add the ability to insert embedding code quickly into the richtext editor, like uTube, Google map, flickr, etc. I know there are discrete packages for each of these things, which add a document type, etc, but since I'm only using them once, on one page, it seems silly to go through the trouble just to drop in a quick map from google.

I thought this would be simple, but I've spent 2 hours trying to get this to work. No luck. I tried to create a simple macro that could be inserted into the tinymce editor, but tinymce always "cleans" the code, even in a macro, which makes it useless. So I thought the WVD package would be perfect, but after installing it and making the changes to the tinymceconfig.config file I can't access the richtext editor document type anymore in the Developer section - I get "an error occurred"..

Has anyone figured out a good way to do this? I would think it comes up a lot, and should be part of the core functionality of a richtext editor.

Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:02
    Laura Holland

I uninstalled the WVD Media package. Now tinymce doesn't work at all.. completely blank in the Content section, no buttons or text input area. What's going on?

Jan 27, 2011 @ 23:29
    Laura Holland

I got the richtexteditor working again, but I still haven't figured out the best way to insert html code using tinymce. I created a macro with textmultiline parameter and matching xslt but it doesn't output currectly - the macro and/or tinymce still does something to it.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 23:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Larua

How does the content you're trying to use in the textarea look like?

/Jan

Jan 28, 2011 @ 00:02
    Laura Holland

My client loves to copy and paste little code snippets from various things (twitter, linkedin, constant contact, utube, feedburner, google maps, google calendar, facebook, etc.) and embed it into their webpages as they see fit. They only use the richtext editor. I can't be making a separate macro for them each time they find some little cute thing they want to embed on a page, so I really need for them to be able to do this in tinyMCE. Because tinyMCE always sorrounds macros in <p></p>, they never display properly (mostly because they are iframes, which can't be inside <p>) or it strips the "". Sometimes the macro doesn't display, and sometimes it breaks the page completely, depending on what they are trying to insert.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 08:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Laura

Have you tried to disable tidy in the umbracoSettings.config file? I think this should allow you to paste any HTML that you'd like into the RTE field, without it being tidied up and everything.

/Jan

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Oct 07, 2011 @ 08:00
    Jon Dunfee

Many months ago this package inspired me to write my own, and I've finally released it to the community: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/mysnippets-for-tinymce

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft