Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 08:44
    Folkert

Razor files and caching

Just started a new small project using Umbraco 4.6.1 in combintaion with Razor instead of xslt. It's very powerfull and I really think this is the future!

Developing the razor files is just a very slow process because all razor files seems te be cached in very agressive way. Changes I make to the razor file are not shown. The only solution is restart app pool to see the changes.

What am I doing wrong?

• E.J. Brennan 73 posts 114 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 16:11
    E.J. Brennan

I have pretty much the same question/problem. Seems that when in VS2010, I need to stop and restart the project to get the changes to take affect. My guess is that this will change as newer releases are made (hopefully), otherwise this will be a painfully slow code/test/debug cycle though I am excited about the possibility of forgoing XSLT in favor of Razor.

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 16:23
    Folkert

The cache is cleared when editing/saving in Umbraco,so editing in an external editor is not really an option.

• E.J. Brennan 73 posts 114 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 16:28
    E.J. Brennan

No, I am running the project in VS2010, and using the built-in Cassini webserver, but I am editing the razor files thru the umbraco interface. I was running under a fullblown IIS 7.5, but found the recycling of the app-pool/website tedious - but I had the same problem that you are.

• Fritz Maglantay 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 07:30
    Fritz Maglantay

I'm in the same situation too, is they a way through this?

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 01, 2011 @ 17:03
    Damiaan

If you are using an external editor, try to edit & save the web.config (add a space and save).  This should rebuild the cache.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft