Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 13:47
    Simon Dingley

umbraco.library.RenderTemplate - System.Threading.ThreadAbortException

A site I maintain uses the umbraco.library.RenderTemplate to render a node to be sent as an email and has been working fine until recently. The process is regularly throwing System.Threading.ThreadAbortException when the method is called and I am unable to replicate the problem locally.

If anyone has any ideas or experience with this I would appreciate any advice.

• Windows Server 2008
    • ASP.NET 3.5
    • Umbraco v4.5.2
    Thanks, Simon

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    Apr 07, 2011 @ 13:10
    Dennis Milandt

I am seeing the same thing in 4.6.1. Did you come across a solution to the problem?

- Dennis

Apr 07, 2011 @ 15:11
    Dennis Milandt

After doing some testing it seems that I only got the error when calling RenderTemplate form a page loaded using an alternative template.

I was requesting /shopping-cart/orderconfirmation where orderconfirmation is an alternative template.

After moving the code with RenderTemplate to another page, and then redirecting to /shopping-cart/orderconfirmation it was working.

Cound this be related to your issue as well?

- Dennis

Apr 08, 2011 @ 12:33
    Simon Dingley

I would need to investigate further to confirm but I don't think the node is using an alternate template.

Thanks for posting your finding and I will try and do the same asap.

Simon

Aug 25, 2011 @ 17:44
    Dennis Milandt

Hmm, actually I found myself having this problem again today. I googled the error and found this thread. I just saved myself from hours of debugging - as I forgot I had this problem before :-)

Did you solve your issue btw?

- Dennis

Aug 25, 2011 @ 17:58
    Simon Dingley

I honestly can't remember to be honest, but having not marked a solution I may have had to work around it perhaps. Will try and find time to double check and update the thread but no promises at the moment :(

Aug 25, 2011 @ 18:00
    Dennis Milandt

Never mind. I just wondered if you found a solution, as I ended up with more like a workaround'ish solution.

- Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft