Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 12:14
    Dwayne A

Clear/reset styles in Rich text editor

Hi all,

Anyone ever implemented or have ideas regarding clearing styles for an element in the built-in style dropdown?

In this case, I have created floats left, right, and text-align center for images. If a float left is added, and the user wants to change it, float right is added, and text-align center can end in the class as well. The brower sets it right, and there it stays. My users are not HTML savy, so only solution I can think of, is to have them delete the image and set it in again. Not elegant, we can agree.

Any ideas how to allow a user to "clear all style from an element in the rich text editor?

• Jukka-Pekka Keisala 90 posts 226 karma points
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 21:15
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

bump! I have same problem. It seems like I cannot clear class attribute

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 22:17
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

There is a button you can enable called "Remove Formatting" that should do the trick.  Just edit the Richtext editor Datatype in the Developer -> Data Types section and enable the button (2nd one down).

-Tom

• Jukka-Pekka Keisala 90 posts 226 karma points
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 22:34
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

Oh, indeed there is... Were you just on my localhost putting this icon there because it was not there before!  :D 

Jul 12, 2011 @ 11:13
    Dwayne A

Old post, I know. Received a mail today, reminding me to backtrack and mark solutions.Thanks Tom.

Mar 14, 2012 @ 20:27
    Dwayne A

Hey Tom. This is an ancient post, I realize. Just noticed I never acknowledged your post as a solution. Thanks again ;-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft