Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sune Jepsen 25 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 01, 2011 @ 20:50
    Sune Jepsen

Capture Events

Im using umbraco v 4.5.2 and I want to capture the event afterDelete, my code looks like:

public class PageDeleteEvents : ApplicationBase
    {
        private Entitycontext db = new Entitycontext ();
        public PageDeleteEvents ()
        {
            Document.AfterDelete += new Document.DeleteEventHandler(Document_AfterDelete);
            Document.BeforeDelete += new Document.DeleteEventHandler(Document_BeforeDelete);

}

void Document_BeforeDelete(Document sender, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.DeleteEventArgs e)
        {

throw new Exception(Convert.ToInt32(sender.getProperty("itemID").Value).ToString());

}

void Document_AfterDelete(Document sender, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.DeleteEventArgs e)
        {
            throw new Exception(Convert.ToInt32(sender.getProperty("itemID").Value).ToString());

}

But my problem is that my code doesent get executed, ive tried with beforesave and beforepublish and they are working but the delete events doesent. Any idea why?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 01, 2011 @ 21:46
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I think the Delete events are only fired after deleting from/emptying the recycle bin.  I think there are some Document.BeforeMoveToTrash and Document.AfterMoveToTrash depending on your situation

Thanks,
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft