Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 04:00
    overflew

Timezone issues with UpdatedDate + VersionDate on Document object

Hi there,

I'm having some issues understanding where Umbraco is doing its timezone conversion. I have Umbraco running on several separate servers (dev, test, live), all set to the New Zealand time zone. When I publish a document, the 'Last Published' and 'Last Edited' fields are showing as -21 hours out.

Looking at the database, in the cmsDocument table, the published version is correct for local time, and the 'newest' version is -21 hours out. I've tested this with documents older than 6+ months, to avoid any confusion between the versions.

NZ is currently UTC+13, and this is indicative of the app being set to UTC-8 - roughly in line with San Francisco.

I've previously looked through the Document.cs source, but have only found DateTime.Now references.

Has anyone encountered the same issue, or could shed some light on what's happening here?

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 04:03
    overflew

PS - This is version 4.5.2

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 17:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Overflew

Perhaps this can be solved by adding UICulture = auto in the web.config file? Read more about it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.page.uiculture.aspx

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft