Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 13:21
    Dwayne A

missing packages folder and config

Hi,

Have created sites on three installations of 4.6.1. Noticed in the beginning no install nodes were availablie under packages.

Now I have created my own package, downloaded this, but cannot install. After browsing forum, read there should be a couple folders with config files for packages in the data folder. These are missing, and there are none at all in the zip I downloaded from codeplex. Only a folder called vistadb. Any ideas what to do?

Mar 03, 2011 @ 14:32
    Dwayne A

Buehler? Buehler? Anyone? ;~)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 17:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dwayne

Where did you get the binaries from?

And are you 100% certain that permissions have been set properly?

/Jan

Mar 08, 2011 @ 09:10
    Dwayne A

Hi Jan,

Regarding you're first question, I'm using 4.6.1 downloaded from codeplex.

Permissions. Good question. The honest answer is, you've got me. Umbraco is not the most installation-friendly app I've run across. I've unblocked the zip file (using winrar) before unpacking. I read here on the forum that others had an issue with permissions and unblocking was necessary. All folders still have read-only checked, even though I've changed the permissions more than once. We simply cannot get that solved, despite having asked other developers to look at it. We have had issues with permissions that appear to be worked out, but I cannot say I know for cetain what these should be completely. We run off our own server, and had permission issues here that seem to be solved. I would assume that the binary permissions could be set incorrectly, hence not allowing certain files and folders to be installed/shown.

One thing that might help in solving the mystery, I cannot install skins either. When I get to that step under a clean install, it states the repository in not available. I've checked my config file, and there is a link to the repository.

Mar 08, 2011 @ 12:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dwayne

Is Umbraco installed in a subfolder? That could perhaps be the problem?

Try having a look at the last post on page 1 here - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/16603-Installation-Problem-with-Umbraco-461-stuck-on-Starter-Kit-Step?p=0

Does this solve the issue?

/Jan

Mar 08, 2011 @ 13:09
    Dwayne A

Hi Jan,

Yes, all our installations are created in subfolders, and not running from within wwwroot at all. We are running more than one install, so wwwroot is not an option, as i understand. I'm still not clear why subfolders are an issue nor how to resolve it.

I read the post you suggested, and the last poster explains subfolders are an issue, but not how to resolve it. Am I to conclude subfolders can not be worked around. If they can, how?

Mar 08, 2011 @ 17:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dwayne

I'm must admit that I'm actually not aware if Umbraco can run in sub-folders - maybe someone else in here can tell you more about a possible solution.

Sorry I can't take this any further :-/

/Jan

Mar 09, 2011 @ 13:12
    Dwayne A

No worries, Jan. Thanks for the help you've offered. I think we could be on the right track, at least.

Anyone else following this post? Any ideas? Could subfolders be playing havoc with permissions, preventing nodes to appear in packages?

Have other errors I am trying to sort out as well. Did a site rollback in Umbraco yesterday and received an SQL error. All pages and the root node to that site were missing after saving.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft