Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 19:39
    Danny

Umbraco Examine RC1 not removing unpublished nodes from index

I've installed Examine RC1 on umbraco 4.5.  Everything seems to have been working fine, however when nodes are unpublished, they are not removed from the index.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Mar 04, 2011 @ 20:15
    Danny

This actually gets more strange.  I published one of the unpublished nodes that was still showing up in the index.  Checked and made sure it was still there, then unpublished it again and it disappeared!?  I'm not sure what's going on other than sometimes unpublished nodes aren't removed from the index.  The index is running asynchronously, but the unpublished nodes that were still showing up were unpublished hours ago, so it should have had plenty of time.

Mar 04, 2011 @ 21:24
    Danny

Well I think I have identified what caused this (I wasn't the one that originally unpublished the nodes).

The Examine indexer seems to have a few bugs (or should I say "features"? hehe) when it comes to removing unpublished nodes.

The following is a few use cases I've identified that leave nodes in the index:

1) Unpublish the parent node - Child nodes get left in index

2) Unpublish the parent node, then unpublish the child nodes individually - Even though you unpublish them individually, if you unpublish the parent first, they still don't get removed from the index.

3) Unpublish the parent node, then republish the parent node, then unpublish child nodes.  In this case, child nodes must first all be republished before they get unpublished to be removed from the index.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft