Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fengelz 106 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 11:23
    Fengelz

Image Cropper Automation

Is there any easy way to generate cropped thumbs for a batch of images with the standard umbraco Image Cropper?

Just uploaded approx 300 images, do I have to open each and every one of them and click save in order to generate the thumb or has anyone knowledge of a workaround or script to do it?

best regards Sune

• Matt Brailsford 4123 posts 22194 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 11:27
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Fengelz

I'd say you have a couple of options.

1) Add prevalues to the "upload" data type of the desired thumbnails sizes, then when you upload a file, it will auto generate thumbnails for you to fit within those dimensions

2) Use @drobars ImageGen (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/imagegen) to generate the thumbnails on the fly. When imagegen creates the images, it also creates a cached version on disc to keep things responsive.

Hopefully one of these will be of some help to you.

Cheers

Matt

• Fengelz 106 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 11:43
    Fengelz

Thanks Matt.

As much as I wanna support Drobar, unfortunately I dont think this specific assignment allows me to purchas a license for this task.

I see what you mean with the upload field. I'll try that solution.

- Sune

• Matt Brailsford 4123 posts 22194 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 11:46
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Fengelz.

I'd still check out ImageGen as it does come as a limited free product, and you only need a license for the more advanced features. Check out the docs and see if the features you need are in the free version.

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft