This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mounhim Tahtahi 41 posts 62 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 10:15
    Mounhim Tahtahi

Create site programmatically

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

1. Member registers and logs in.

2. Member can create his own site via a wizard. Based on the answers some templates and skins are made visible for selection.

3. Member can edit his or her newly created website with inline editing (canvas editing)

4. Data in this newly created site should be queryable by me (will be stated clearly in the wizard)

Questions:

1. I need a starting point. I am quite an experienced developer, not an expert but know how to get things done.

2. Should the new site be created with a complete umbraco installation (thus many installations on a single server) or should the site be created by having a new root node and then assigned a hostname?

3. Is there some sample code where a new Umbraco site is created and skins are applied. I know how to create a new document but dont know about the skins.

Any help or thoughts for a direction is appreciated. Thank you

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 11:26
    Daniel Bardi

1. Look over the umbraco API to get a basic understanding of Content, Documents, Templates, etc.

2. I would recommend home nodes for each site under same installation (seperate installs would be a nightmare)

3. As far as "skins".. research the new skinning features (available since 4.6.1)... I would use preset templates and allow them to switch those out.

Hope this helps.. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft