Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• umbracov 38 posts 58 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 18:38
    umbracov

upload property return path

Hi,

I have uploaded image using the upload property and everything was working fine. But now when I moved the website to another server the image does not show up on publishing the page. In the Content properties section I see the image is displayed and clicking on it opens up the image.

When I look at the view source the path is ~/media/121212/abc.jpg where as in  my other server where the image is displayed the path is /CMS/media/121212/abc.jpg.

I have not done anything other than deploying the website to another server, the structure and everything else is similar to the working server.

Any clue/insight on what might be happening is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 18:58
    Gordon Saxby

Are you sure the path to the image starts with "~" ? in the page source? Did you install the second site in a sub-folder, if so is the first site also in a sub-folder?

Apr 11, 2011 @ 19:05
    umbracov

The folder structure in both the webservers are the same and so is the website set up in the iis. I lloked at the view souce and the image path does start with '~'. Thanks.

Apr 11, 2011 @ 19:28
    umbracov

Gordon, Thanks for your reply, actually I was playing around with the website and refresing it and everything works great now and I see thew image. I would be much comfortable if I exactly knew what fixed the issue as I would be in a better posititon to fix it if this happens again.  But then hey..........for now thing are looking great. Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 19:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Umbracov

What does the path to the image look like now? is it /CMS/media/121212/abc.jpg ? Then it might be because you did a "republish the entire site", which updates the XML cache so it gets the right path and you're able to see the image.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft