Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• umbracov 38 posts 58 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 18:47
    umbracov

Deploying Umbraco Website

Soon I will be deploying my umbraco website, here is what I am trying to accomplish,

Do any chages to the production website and publish it internally and get the approval of the content by the management, once the look and feel and the content is approved publish the website to the public.

Is this possible....save... and publish the website intenally, once approve publish to the public all this with the sane database.

Assumption is that once deployed there will be no major framework change just some add/remove/modify content and image.

Thanks.

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 19:00
    Gordon Saxby

Do you have just one installation (Production) or do you have a test / development environment too?

You can make changes to pages / nodes and save without publishing, the page can then be viewed. However, you need to view each page in turn.

Apr 11, 2011 @ 19:15
    umbracov

If you are talking aboout the 'Edit in Canvas section', I tried it and I wanted to know if there was something else like Publish.....but that would publish the website interenally.

We do have staging and test environment.....but I feel it just makes this deployment process more complicated and increases the deployment time. My understanding is for the content change(there will be no major changes happening after the first deploymen -  this is our first website deployment using Umbraco) I will have to fire the database script and deploy the website(I do not have courier) which is more time consuming. Please let me know if I have understood it right or if there is a much better and easier way of accomplishing my goal.

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2011 @ 01:09
    umbracov

Hi, I was wondering if I can have multiple websites and have one as staging(website1) and other as Production(website 2). Please let me know if this would work.

Work on website1, once that is approved I can copy the content to the website2.

Thanks.

• Gavin Roberts 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 03, 2011 @ 12:28
    Gavin Roberts

Appreciate this post is a few months old, however I am in the same position as 'umbracov'.

Our company's first full umbraco website.

Its built and working on test server 'Webstaging'.

I've dragged and dropped all files onto live server and I'm getting following error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\Websites\DevaTravel\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource.

The type initializer for 'umbraco.comtent' threw an exception.

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated. Tearing my hair out.

Thanks

Gavin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft