Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• umbracov 38 posts 58 karma points
    Apr 19, 2011 @ 19:30
    umbracov

Media Image path

I have umbraco v.4.5.2, when adding a picture to the HTML editor (including upload), all seems well until you save; at which point the virtual directory portion of the path is lost e.g.: /MyVD/media/1044/madeUP.jpg becomes /media/1044/madeUP.jpg.
    could someone please let me know how to take care of this???
    Thanks.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Apr 19, 2011 @ 19:33
    Fuji Kusaka

Hey,

What you can do is get it working by using InsertTextBefore and InsertTextAfter when inserting your umbracofile in your template.

Fuji

Apr 19, 2011 @ 19:50
    umbracov

Hi, How do I do this ? I am adding the image in the content area using add/Edit Image and there is no option to inserttest before or after. I am I missing something here? Thanks.

Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:04
    Fuji Kusaka

Okay so you are adding the images by using the wysiwyg?? are you working on a dev server or localhost on your machine itself??

If you are on a dev server you must be having virtual directory issues..

Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:08
    umbracov

I am working on the Dev server and the Virtual path is removed

/MyVD/media/1044/madeUP.jpg becomes /media/1044/madeUP.jpg.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:11
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I'm guessing you already saw this bug?  It was supposed to be fixed in 4.7 but the latest comment said it is still broken, however you can't be too sure without testing it.  I have not been able to test yet, but you might try testing in 4.7 if possible.

Also is your virtual directory actually a virtual directory with its own application or just a folder?  Needs to be an application if it isn't already.

-Tom

Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:15
    Fuji Kusaka

I have the same issue with virtual directories but as soon as you published the website online you will be able to see the image without any problem.

You can also try to change the settings in your umbracoSettings.config.

fuji

Apr 19, 2011 @ 20:33
    umbracov

It is set up as an application. I also edited  True to False in the below tag in umbracosettings.config

<TidyEditorContent>False</TidyEditorContent>

Is that the way to go?

else which setting in umbracosettings.config will do the trick....let me know. I do not see the image after doing all the above changes and publishing it.

Apr 20, 2011 @ 07:05
    Fuji Kusaka

Thing is when you are working on a dev server and you have multiple instances like for examaple your working environment must de http://dev/MyVD/media/1044/madeUP.jpg and when inserting the image in the wysiwyg then the first part is removed to /media/1044/madeUP.jpg which is in fact the correct link to the image if you are publishing the content online.

What i would suggest you to do for the time behind since you are working on a dev server just insert the image in a Image folder for the time being for Testing purposes, i should be working online.

What version of umbraco are you using btw?

//Fuji

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft