Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martijn van der Put 44 posts 65 karma points
    May 13, 2011 @ 15:10
    Martijn van der Put

Role based protected pages not protected

Hi,

I'm using the Umbraco 4.7.0 release and defined members, member type and member group and set the Public access options to restrict one page by using Role based protection.
    However, I can still browse this page in my website without having to log in. It seems like the protection isn't taken into account at all?

Just to be sure I followed these steps again (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-client/context-menus/public-access) on another page and also tried the single user protection. Neither one of them works, all pages are publicy visible.

What is going wrong? Am I missing an extra setting or is it a bug?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 13, 2011 @ 15:17
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Martijn,

Is it possible that you are still logged in from a previous session?.

Cheers,

Richard

May 13, 2011 @ 15:19
    Martijn van der Put

Hi Richard,

I did not even build a login control yet, so there is no way I'm already logged in...

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 13, 2011 @ 15:26
    Richard Soeteman

Weird and the back-end says the node is protected (you see the no entry sign)? Access info is stored in ~/app_data/access.config can you verify the node id exists in that file?

May 13, 2011 @ 15:28
    Martijn van der Put

The back-end says the node is protected. The no-entry sign is shown and I can modify the public access settings. I also checked the access.config file and there I find those 2 rules which contain the id's of the pages I'm accessing: 

<access>

<page id="1078" loginPage="1077" noRightsPage="1070" simple="False">

<group id="loopcv gebruikers" />

page>

<page id="1079" loginPage="1077" noRightsPage="1077" simple="True" memberId="martijn">

<group id="__umbracoRole_martijn" />

page>

access>

May 13, 2011 @ 16:01
    Martijn van der Put

The issue is resolved now. Somehow restarting my IIS after removing and adding the rolebased protection again did the trick.

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 10:42
    Pushpendra Singh

If multiple group exist for the protected page how i can access and read access.config in my code (C#) to get all the details like node id,login page id,error page id,group names?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft