Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Bennett 30 posts 53 karma points
    May 23, 2011 @ 17:52
    Paul Bennett

List where an image in the media section is used in content

Is there a way to see where an image in the media section has been used in the main site / content?

A client wants to be able to view and image and see which pages it has been used on

Thanks in advance...

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    May 23, 2011 @ 18:17
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Paul,

Good question there! I think the question itself is: which datatype holds the picture? If it's from a Media Picker datatype it should be easy to check if the datatype holds an image.

However, if the image is present in the RTE datatype, I think you will need some sort of parsing/search in the bodyText (or whatever the datatype is called) field to look for "/media/x.ext" :-)

All the best,

Bo

May 23, 2011 @ 18:42
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Also, if the workflow is the following: "When a user clicks an image in the Media section, it displays a list of documents where the clicked image is present" you should definately look into writing your own datatype to do the parsing and/or Media Picker check.

Another option would be to hook into the Document published event and create a relation, using the Relationship API, between the document and the image (if theres one selected) This way you only need to look at one document/nodes (the one being published) bodyText if there's any images present instead of iterating through all documents. You're then able to get all Media-to-Document relations for a given image which gives you a list of nodeIds of the related documents.

Hope the above makes sence. If not, let me know and I'll try to elaborate on it :-)

/ Bo

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 23, 2011 @ 22:11
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Might be worth to check the media link checker package

Cheers,

Richard

May 23, 2011 @ 22:45
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

That right there will be your solution ;)

Thanks for pointing that one out, Richard! Will def. use that package whenever needed.

• Paul Bennett 30 posts 53 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 13:03
    Paul Bennett

Hi Richard - that package did the trick!

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft