Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aditya.A 77 posts 96 karma points
    May 27, 2011 @ 19:20
    Aditya.A

My java sccript tabs are not working

the page im using now,if i go to a specific page through a hyperlink the styles are not applied to the page,but if i give the id of the page the the syyles are applied can u explain y??

EX :(NOT WORKING IF NAVIGATION IS LIKE)  

http://localhost:9595/world/inida.aspx  ---------------------only some styles are being applied,here i used a tab control that is developed in javascript ,those tabs are not working .The page is shown like a regular page

WORKING IF NAVIGATION IS LIKE

http://localhost:9595/1093.aspx   -------- where as 1093 is the id of inida.aspx document.

The same page is looking good if i have preview in the browser individually.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 27, 2011 @ 23:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

Unfortunately people can't see the pages you're referring to since it's on your localhost and not the world wide web.

How have you applied the styling and javascript? Through a macro inserted into the rich text editor for instance?

Since the preview is working I suppose you don't see the styles etc because the changes to the page has not been published perhaps?

/Jan

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    May 28, 2011 @ 23:15
    Lesley

Hi Aditya,

How have you referenced your stylesheet and javascript? Use an absolute path (starting with a forward slash) in your template like:

<link href="/css/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

(I'm guessing you're missing that forward slash, which would explain why the 1093 works as it is at the root of the site, but world/inida cannot find the stylesheet because it's at the wrong level.)

• Aditya.A 77 posts 96 karma points
    May 30, 2011 @ 06:17
    Aditya.A

Hi Lesly i tried the / but it is still not working.Any other optiions...

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    May 30, 2011 @ 23:35
    Lesley

Did you do similar for your javascript? Would you like to post the code from your <head> for us to check? I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Your javascript will need to be like this for example:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/JSfolder/jquery.min.js"></script>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft