Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gene Foxwell 17 posts 39 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 16:18
    Gene Foxwell

Problem with Umbraco 4.6 Membership

Hi,

We are using the asp.NET membership controls with the Umbraco Membership system. We aren't tracking anything other than the standard fields that umbraco uses.  The code appears to work correctly, but keeps claiming that any user name (even ones made by randomly mashing the keyboard) already exist in the system.  When I check the umbraco Members section in the backend the user most certainly is not present in the list and does not appear to have ever been created.

The exception I get is as follows: (note that I've changed the username from the exception to xxxxx - the exception happens no matter what xxxxx happens to be).

Any ideas on what would cause this?

[Exception: Duplicate User name! A member with the user name xxxxxxxxx already exists]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew(String Name, String LoginName, String Email, MemberType mbt, User u) +1267
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew(String Name, String Email, MemberType mbt, User u) +36
       umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) +123
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +412
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +226
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +586
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +52
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

• Almir Vereget 62 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 16:48
    Almir Vereget

Maybe this post can help you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft