Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Grandgagnage 63 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 09:48
    Kim Grandgagnage

"Method not found" error regarding SanitizeXmlString(...)

When I try to save a node in the back-end of umbraco, I get an error saying:

Method not found: 'System.String umbraco.xmlHelper.SanitizeXmlString(Int32, System.String, Boolean, System.String)'.

What's the cause of this error?

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 23, 2011 @ 13:21
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Kim,

Just saw Richard's tweet, and the error does look kind of familiar.

Is it possible that one of the data types on the page is build against Umbraco 4.7 and you are running a lower version of Umbraco?

Grtz

L

Aug 24, 2011 @ 18:27
    Kim Grandgagnage

Hi Lennart,

No I checked that...The problem still remains.:s I also removed each package installed, but nothing improved...

grts,

Kim

Aug 26, 2011 @ 09:06
    Lennart Stoop

Hmm though one, it does look like some kind of umbraco version mismatch.

Does the problem occur on every node you try to save or publish, or just when you try to save a specific node?

Which version of Umbraco are you running btw, and did you perform any upgrades?

Aug 26, 2011 @ 09:46
    Kim Grandgagnage

Lennart,

It occurs on every node I try to save or publish.

It's an umbraco version 4.0. and the setting in IIS on the application pool is set on .NET Framework 2.0. When I took the sources on our their server and deployed them on our local server, I tried to save a node in the backend and everything worked...No errors...I have a usercontrol which is in a VS project, build on .NET Framework 3.5. I'm starting to think that the cause is this usercontrol...When I send the dll and .ascx to the client and they deployed it on their server, the problem started to occur...They also have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on their server...So I can't find a difference. :s

grts,

Kim

Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:16
    Lennart Stoop

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't have much experience with running Umbraco on .NET framework 2, but I guess you could try and rebuild the usercontrol in .NET 2 (or at least the DLL).

It would probably be easier if you could replicate the issue on a staging/development server (same IIS version, IIS config, etc - not sure if that's feasable) because that would allow you to play around a little. 

Upgrading Umbraco might also fix the issue.

Does anyone else have an idea ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft