Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Etienne 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 10:25
    Etienne

Manipulate Nodeid of content and media

Hi all

When creating a document, media item, template or whatever, umbraco 4.7 uses the same incrementation for the nodeid. So if I create a document, umbraco gives it a nodeid (ex: 1057). If I now want to create a new template, the nodeid given by umbraco is the last nodeid + 1 (ex: 1058).

The problems starts, when you have a development and a production version of your umbraco site. On your production version you add new content and on the development machine you add maybe a new template. Nodeids on local and remote machine have to be synchroniesed.

I need a solution without using courier 2 for synchronisation. So what I want to do is the following: I want document and media items to use nodeid's starting with 5000. All other nodeids should use nodeid's till 4999. This way I can create new tempaltes on my developmachine and upload them to my production system.

Any idears?

Cheers

Etienne

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12864 karma points MVP
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 11:13
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Ettiene,

You can always tell sql server to start at a certain number creating id's however this still can go wrong, what happens when you hit the barrier...Have you seen Courier2 that solves the complete deployment issues for you.Will cost you 99 euros but solves a lot of pain. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

Cheers,

Richard

• Etienne 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 11:38
    Etienne

Hi Richard

Thanks for your fast replay, I'll try that out.

You're right of course, I have to take care to not hit the barrier. And I will take a look at courier 2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft