Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ivan Thorsen 16 posts 57 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 12:43
    Ivan Thorsen

How can I display nodes from another multidomain tree?

Hi all

I have an issue by merging and display nodes from diffetrent sites (devided by domain) in the same Umbraco instance. I hope some of you have some input.

This is the case:
    I have a main site with a lot of products in different categories with category groups wich contains the products.
    The main site contains all the common categories/groups/products and the sub stores are able to add other categories/groups/products.

Each sub store has it own subdomain eg. www.mystore.com, sub1.mystore.com, sub2.mystore.com ect...
    The sub stores only have the common categories in the Umbraco tree - to avoid having doublets of all groups/products on each sub store.

When I eg. visits sub1.mystore.com it shows all the categories (from the sub1 store), then I list the groups, merged from main site and sub1 site, I get different domains for the groups eg:

www.mystore.com/products/group1.aspx
    www.mystore.com/products/group2.aspx
    sub1.mystore.com/products/group3.aspx
    sub1.mystore.com/products/group4.aspx

What I want to:
    I want to stay on the sub1 site even when I visit the "group1" (and the lower levels) from the www site - of course do I get an Umbraco 404 error when I'm trying to get acces the "group1.aspx" (or lower levels) on the sub1 site.

Am I in any way able to do something (dynamically/code behind) before the Umbraco 404 kicks in - eg. to show the template from the www site but with the merged notes from www and sub1 site?

How do I do that? Any (good/best practice) suggestions are welcome  :o)

Thanks in advance

Sep 24, 2011 @ 20:52
    Ivan Thorsen

Update to the case:

It's decided that products groups will be created on every sub store too. Now I only have to show the product details from the www site with the sub store domain.

Does it make sense? And how do I do that?

Ivan

Oct 04, 2011 @ 22:33
    Ivan Thorsen

This is how I solved the problem - just in case U wanna know :o)

The category structure on the sub stores are the same as on the main site. When entering a sub site all categories/products from main site and sub store are merged into one list.

A template is used to display product details by umbraco node Id supplied on the query string.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 23:32
    Paul Blair

you could also use URL rewriting to keep the URL's clean when displaying main site products on the sub sites.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft