Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joey 20 posts 44 karma points
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 00:23
    Joey

membership provider just stopped working in IIS7

Pulling my hair out over here. I just coded all the pages and logic necessary for the front office membership and it just stopped working all of a sudden. I've been looking at the web.config all day trying to find a fubar but can't. I turned on the sql profiler and I found that no calls are being made to the database anymore for membership related stuff. Only calls related to the cms content are made. The back office admin site works fine too. However I found that if I debug the application through visual studio using cassini the database calls for membership kick in. I've tried everything I can think of like cleaning, rebuilding, rebooting, setting up a new web site in IIS7 and nothing is changing. Suggestions to look at/try?

Here is the setup:

IIS7 integrated mode

Using out-of-box 4.7.1 membership provider:

<membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="PublicMember" passwordFormat="Hashed" umbracoApprovePropertyTypeAlias="isApproved" umbracoLockPropertyTypeAlias="isLockedOut"/>
    <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

Authentication is at default out-of-box:

<authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" path="/"/>
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="?"/>
    </authorization>

umbracoDbDSN is most definately set correctly

• Joey 20 posts 44 karma points
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 11:37
    Joey

I finally found the culprit and it makes no sense whatsoever. I had added the following link button to the top level master page on the site and the addition of the PostBackUrl causes all asp.net login controls to fail to work. The membership framework never kicks in when that PostBackUrl is set. So stupid to waste an entire day on crap like this.

<asp:LinkButton ID="SignUp" runat="server" Text="Sign Up" PostBackUrl="/sign-up.aspx"></asp:LinkButton>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft