Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thor Østergaard 37 posts 58 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 14:44
    Thor Østergaard

Login/postback problem with usercontrol

Hi,
    I'm having a 4.7.0 site with a few pages behind role membership control - that seems to work as it should.

But on one of these pages I have a usercontrol with a few controls on it. Some of these controls cause autopostback and that work as expected, but when I click a button on the page causing a postback I'm send to the login page instead of the current page.

I don't know where to look - the same usercontol works fine on my local computer.

I have tried to remove the role security on the pages and put it back on (only on the top level) but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

• Markus Johansson 1914 posts 5761 karma points MVP c-trib
    Oct 10, 2011 @ 08:25
    Markus Johansson

Its sounds a lite like this may be caused by multiple from-tags on the page? Or could this be related to your earlier posts about logout/cache-problems? http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/24742-MemberGetCurrentMember()Id-getting-the-wrong-member

Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:07
    Thor Østergaard

Nope - there are only one form-tag on the page, but you might be right about the login case.

I will try upgrade the site and see if it solve this problem.

Oct 12, 2011 @ 12:33
    Thor Østergaard

I have now upgraded to 4.7.1 but that didn't solve the problem :(

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 13:22
    Michael Latouche

Hi Thor,

Do you get this behaviour for all buttons that cause a postback, or just on one particular? It this is just for one button, can you maybe give some indication of what it is doing?

Cheers,

Michael.

Oct 12, 2011 @ 13:24
    Thor Østergaard

I think I the problem is the file management I do on postback - I'm investigating that now

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft