Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Suja Shyam 14 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 28, 2011 @ 08:32
    Suja Shyam

Unable to edit content using admin part

I have to support a website developed in umbraco. I am totally new to this and this is am working on this for the very first time. My requirement is very straight-I need to edit the content of a webpage. When I too the page it opened with two tabs - Main Content and Properties. In the main content tab I can edit the Title, Banner image, Content header etc, but not the content of the page. It doesn't give any rich textbox to edit the content. I have uploaded the view of one of the page.

I need urgently need to edit the content.Please help with this.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 28, 2011 @ 09:27
    Ismail Mayat

Suja,

First of all can you click on the about button top right and tell us what version of umbraco is being used. Second can you also tell us which browser you are using.  Next can you click on the properties tab and look at the document type the page is based on then goto settings and look up that document type and see what datatype is set for the content property.

Regards

Ismail

Oct 28, 2011 @ 09:45
    Suja Shyam

Thanks Ismail for quick reply.

Versiion: umbraco v 4.6.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4029.25836)

Browser: Firefox 7.0.1, Internet Explorer9

Document Type: Properties show documentType is Staff Page, Went to settings and found it under Web Page.

Hope these are the required information. Looking forward for the reply.

Oct 28, 2011 @ 09:48
    Ismail Mayat

Suja,

In the document type staff page find the data type Content and report back its type in the drop down.

Regards

Ismail

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 28, 2011 @ 10:21
    Dave Woestenborghs

Can you use fiddler to see if all javascripts get loaded ? I had this problem too and the problem was missing javascript file

Oct 28, 2011 @ 10:45
    Suja Shyam

Ismail, I couldn't find the datatype. So am attaching the screenshot of the settings for Staff Page

Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:02
    Suja Shyam

dawoe, can you tell me exactly which is the js file required to enable this? Using Y Slow its showing that it has 9 js files getting loaded.

Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:03
    Ismail Mayat

click on generic properties then you should see the Content data type. I would recommend you get upto speed with basic concepts if your just starting out highly recommend the umbraco book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Umbraco-Users-Guide-Nik-Wahlberg/dp/0470560827/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319792588&sr=8-1

Regards

Ismail

Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:31
    Suja Shyam

Ismail, Thanks for the suggestion. But I have very limitted time. Thats why am directly into the forums. The generic properties tab is saying

"Master Content Type enabled
    This Content Type uses Web Page as a Master Content Type. Properties from Master Content Types are not shown and can only be edited on the Master Content Type itself"

Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:34
    Ismail Mayat

ok then navigate up to web page document type and look in properties tab see if you can see the content data type there. What I am trying to ascertain is whether the datatype is set or has been removed or if there what type it is.

Regards

Ismail

Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:43
    Suja Shyam

Ok. Am posting it as screenshort bellow:

I hope the type you specified is Richtext editor for the Content part.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:52
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Suja,

I still advice using filddler to see if all javascripts are loaded.

http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Oct 28, 2011 @ 11:54
    Ismail Mayat

suja,

go with dawoe suggestion think you may have missing js becuase that last screen shot shows that all is well in the document type setup.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft