Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• julius 107 posts 289 karma points
    Nov 01, 2011 @ 22:27
    julius

Performance issue with Umbraco site

Hello,

We have a serious performance issue with a site we've inherited from another development team. We have tried pinpointing the problem to our own code (.NET usercontrols, masterpages, libs, etc), but it's all lightning fast. Processing the entire Master template from top to bottom take less than 5 milliseconds.

It seems a lot of time is wasted before Umbraco starts processing the first master page. I created a HttpModule to allow logging the time taken between the very start of the request and the moment the Master.master code is accessed. This is about 4 or 5 seconds on average on my local machine. So the problem lies before our own code is run.

We are now looking for causes or for ways we can get to the cause. We are using Umbraco 4.5. At this time we are not sure where the problem lies, not even if it is related to Umbraco.

I would like to be able to step through the actual Umbraco code in Visual Studio, so that I can pinpoint potential  issues there. Is that possible? Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

• Owen 123 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 02:07
    Owen

Yes, you can do this, but you need to do something first.

1. download the source code for 4.5

2. compile

3. copy the *.pdb files to bin folder

4. debug

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft