Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max 14 posts 44 karma points
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 14:42
    Max

iPhone App using Umbraco

Hi guys! I need a suggestion of how can I use Umbraco ready web site to build iPhone App?
    I already have mobile version, built at Umbraco. My thought is to use umbraco XML and build native code then. But, maybe there is more elegant way to do it? Also, using XML at iPhone SDK, I need to parse it somehow. Can you suggest the best way, please? Thanks

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 14:45
    Ismail Mayat

max,

take a look at odata its read only but possibly an alternative xml?

regards

ismail

• Max 14 posts 44 karma points
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 07:28
    Max

Thanks for reply, Ismail. As I understood, I can send queries from my App to Umbraco by HTTP and get content back? I forgot to notice, I already built App using WebView and mobile version of my site. So, basically it works the same as web mobile version, but wrapped with WebView and small native functionality. The main problem of such solutions - I can't use the App with offline (airplane) mode, so I need to be connected  to the internet to get content... That's why I think about native App (instead of web App) to have possibility to show, at least, text content for users (I have much images, but to avoid big size of App I will not include it to package).
    I think to let users download XML tree of Umbraco and then I just trying to find the best way to make some kind of "native iphone xslt" to try to build the App with Umbraco way... I don't know if it's possible, though. Maybe this question is more related to iPhone forums? If so - my apologizes here. Thanks in advance!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft