Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrey 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 20:55
    Andrey

Partial caching

Hi! 

Searched for the simular topic but no luck. But probably this is the common problem.

Our site has content since 2003 year. And xml cache takes too much size - more than 80 MB.

And some operations like unpublish offen fail with OutOfMemory exception because of XML cache cloning.

Does anybody know the way for partial caching? For example, initially cache is populated by 2011-2010 year content, but if user go to older data (2007 for example) it is delivered without caching.

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 08:28
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. Some time ago I investigated some umbraco source code for my own goals and it seemed to me that it's possible to some extent to control the XML cache with handling several static events of the "umbraco.content" class (e.g. BeforePublishNodeToContentCache etc). I have never experimented with this seriously, but perhaps this information could help in terms of just giving you some direction.

• Peter Karas 9 posts 30 karma points
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 21:49
    Peter Karas

Hi Andrey,

Did you ever find a resolution to this ? I'm facing exactly the same problem. 99% of my data is hardly ever accessed, its a news site, so people are mostly looking at the last few days news. However the cache is unmanagable when I import 20,000 items. A partial cache would be the perfect solution.

Any information would be great !

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft