Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 88 posts 112 karma points
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 03:44
    John

Distributed environment / Multiple sites

Hi. We've got an Umbraco instance on one server which acts as the admin for multiple websites. Then, on another server, we have an Umbraco instance for each of the websites. I've got distributed calls setup so that publishing a document in the admin reflects the change in the other Umbraco instances and this is working fine.

My question is is it possible to filter this out per site? So that the umbraco.config files in each website only contains content for that site (i.e. the homepage node and descendants for that hostname)?

Cheers

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 10:32
    Ismail Mayat

John,

You may be able to do it with action handlers setup on the target sites they would need to tap into onpublish action I am not certain though if at that point the document object that is passed into the action has a way of knowing its hostname setup?  I am assuming host name has been set at root node that identifies the site however I am not certain if child nodes pick up the host name.

Regards

Ismail

• John 88 posts 112 karma points
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 11:49
    John

I don't think the Publish event handlers will fire on a dependent site, though, looking at the source I believe BeforeUpdateDocumentCache does fire.

This actually raises another question I had - is there a way to control which properies get added to the umbraco.config? If there is I can not add any nodes of ancestor X.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft