Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Dolberg 74 posts 95 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 00:48
    Thomas Dolberg

Connection reset error

Hi,

I have started receiving a connection reset error in my browser. I have tried both firefox, IE and Chrome and the error appears in all. I haven't been able to identify a clear cause, but I think it has something to do with publishing a document since the error appears some time after I publish a document. I have tried a lot of different things, but without any luck. My umbraco.config is approx. 30mb. I have set the maxRequestLenght and executiontime: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="512000" executionTimeout="99999999" />, I have also tried optimizing the code by using output and data caching as well as disabling the viewstate. 

Any ideas or tips on how to identify the cause are appreciated!

thanks

Thomas

• Nawaz 21 posts 74 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 17:36
    Nawaz

I'm getting the same error in my case I moved an umbraco website and database from one server to another. Everything works fine I can edit and save pages just when I try to publish it just hangs then gives me the connection reset error ?? Any help would be most welcome tried many different things !

Dec 07, 2011 @ 18:17
    Nawaz

I think I may have found the issue, it may be a permissions thing. Normally you need the user 'network service' to have write permissions on the folder where the website is. Which mine had however when I add added 'everyone' and give it full control on this folder the publish worked fine and no errors. I'm assuming that Network Service didn't have write permission on the entire website maybe one folder lost it's write perrmission or something ??!? anyway at least I know what the issue is now.

Hope that works for you Thomas.

Nawaz 

Dec 07, 2011 @ 23:30
    Thomas Dolberg

Hi Nawaz

thanks! I think it solved the problem. I gave "everyone" full control on the app_data-folder.

Thanks again. I have really spent a lot of time on this!

best regards

Thomas

Dec 08, 2011 @ 00:10
    Nawaz

Glad to be of help

but just remember that giving 'everyone' full control is not the best security !

Jan 12, 2012 @ 23:21
    Thomas Dolberg

In my case it turned out to by my antivirus program (AVG Free 2011). Uninstalling it seems to have solved the problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft