Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jay 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 21:45
    Jay
    0

    Umbraco window pushed to the back in focus

    Hi everyone!

     

    My name is Jay and I am rather new to Umbraco. I searched the net for answers as I got along and also this forum helped me out a lot... So... thanx again! ;-)

    But now I have some weird window behaviour in IE9 on a Windows 7 machine. I just installed XSLTSearch which I got running, but after this whole process every button or link click or even a page refresh sends my Umbraco window to the back without losing focus.

     

    Since I am stuck and you guys have provided answers on this forum loads before... I thought I would give it a go and see if any of you have experienced this bug or even if you can reproduce this on your machine? The link is below, although in Dutch... I am sure you'll get it.

    http://www.brouwersreizen.nl/overzicht-van-alle-dagtochten.aspx

     

    Thanx a lot for any clearity or advice!

     

    Jay

     

  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 22:35
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Jay and welcome to our :)

    I don't think the error has anything to do with the installation of XSLTsearch.

    When I check the firebug console in firefox it can't find common.js and jquery-merged.js. And when I click on another site like "Stedentrips" it throws a JavaScript error saying "tcal is not defined" (line 248).

    I think you should look into this first and see if it solves the problem in IE9 as well.

    Happy bughunting :)

    /Jan

  • Jay 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 23:42
    Jay
    0

    Hi Jan,

    Thanx for your quick reply and your warm welcome ;-)

    I have cleaned my code a bit (*ahum) and removed all the old obsolete javascript and tcal (calendar) solutions.

    Firebug doesn't throw any errors now, but my buggy window behavior is still there. Is this replicable at your end (or at anyone else for that matter)

    Much appreciated!

    Cheers,

    Jay

  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Dec 24, 2011 @ 00:04
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Jay

    Hmm, that is indeed very odd...I'll try to see if I can figure out what is going on. But for now I don't have any clues.

    I will get back to you if I stumble upon something.

    /Jan

     

  • Jan Skovgaard 11245 posts 23441 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Dec 24, 2011 @ 00:12
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Btw

    Some things to do

    1) validate the site using a service like w3clove.com and correct any potential errors since it can make browsers act up. Especially IE. Seems like you have some illegal characters in the <html> element where the value in the xmlns attribute seems to messed up.

    2) When you have done the above thing and if the strange IE behaviour continues, try disabling all JavaScript to see if that makes any change. If it does comment in the blocks 1 by one to determine, which one is causing the weirdness.

    Hope these pointers helps you.

    /Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft