Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 06:54
    Lou

umbracoUseDirectoryUrls ???

On my development PC and on the development server we had umbracoUseDirectoryUrls=true.  We we transferred the site to our custonmer's server no nodes appeared in the admin section under all the sections Content, Media, Users etc.  After spending a day trying everything we discovered that if we set umbracoUseDirectoryUrls=false the nodes appeared.

Why does this hide the Section nodes on some servers and not others, both servers were 2008R2 and my PC is Win 7?

What does this "umbracoUseDirectoryUrls" do and why did it hide the nodes in the Admin sections?

I am using Umbraco 4.7.1

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 08:03
    Rich Green

Hi Lou,

I would say that something else caused your problem and changing the value in the web.config caused your site to restart and fixed the issue.

Can't see any reason why umbracoUseDirectoryUrls would affect the back end.

Rich

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 12:48
    Tim

Hi Lou,

What @Rich said. One thing that can make stuff not appear in the trees when moving from one machine to another is not remembering to delete the files in /App_Data/Temp/ClientDependency/ folder. Those contain hard coded full file paths to the cache files, and the path will almost always change when moving from staging to live. The reason it breaks is that Examine can't find the paths so a load of the Javascript files don't load properly, causing a lot of JS functions to fail (including the trees).

Hope that helps!

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 05:30
    Lou

The paths were the same on all three machines, so I don't see how that would matter.  I develop on my PC, then I move it to our Development server for Testing, if testing is okay then I move it to the clients machine. There were no problems when I moved it from my machine to our development server, but problems occurred when it went to the Clients server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft