Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Byron Delgado 47 posts 70 karma points
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 13:58
    Byron Delgado

Examine Field Ranking

How do you specify the ranking valu for every field in the indexer? I cann't find documentation about this.

I tried to use Luke and I found an attribute "Norm" which looks like what I am looking for, but as soon as I update it, Umbraco can not recognize the index any more, it display a corrupted index message.

I am wondering if this can be done by using ExamineIndex.config or using the API somehow.

Thanks for any help.

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 17:54
    elspiko

You shouldn't be playing around with the index once it exists, but you can boost the terms as you're searching using the .Boost() extension method.

This has been partially covered in this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/16269-Examine-Field-Document-Boost

Jan 19, 2012 @ 19:29
    Byron Delgado

Thanks for replying. I guess I learned by the bad way. I see that Boost() is an static method from the extension class LuceneSearchExtensions  Could you provide a sample code of how to use it?. I am confused wether to use it with the filter or the criteria definition. Thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 @ 23:45
    Byron Delgado

I found some code samples here:

var query = searchCriteria.Fields("nodeName", "hello".Boost(8)).Or().Field("metaTitle","hello".Boost(5)).Compile();
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft