Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edward Dudley 80 posts 121 karma points
    Jul 08, 2009 @ 16:47
    Edward Dudley

GetXmlDocumentByUrl and Proxy

Hi,

I'm running Umbraco on my local machine for development purposes but I'm having some trouble calling a webservice.

I can run the webservice in my browser fine but when my local umbraco calls it I get:

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at umbraco.library.GetXmlDocumentByUrl(String Url)

I think this might be because my browser runs through a proxy but I'm assuming IIS doesn't?

Any help is much appreciated!

Perhaps this could be a future addition in Umbraco? I've seen other web applications where a proxy can be specified.

Thanks,

Ed

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Jul 10, 2009 @ 16:32
    Bogdan

All I can say is that your assumption about IIS not going through a proxy is correct. I had the same problem, and all I did was to tell the network admin to allow the webservice's url without proxy and that fixed the issue. I'll get back to you if I find out more about this, sorry I cannot help more right now. Also there may be some software that will enable you to bypass the proxy, try to search on that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft