Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sierra Santiago 33 posts 53 karma points
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 17:08
    Sierra Santiago

TinyMCE Confusion

When I downloaded Umbraco, I discovered that it came with a spellchecker. Sad thing is... it doesn't work. Sometimes it completely ignores mispelled words or a nasty pop-up appears with an error message. My teammates and I have been attacking this for quite some time now and we recently discovered that the spellcheck plugin doesn't even have to be there for it to work. We "deleted" the files and renamed them and still the program was fine. The only file that causes the program to cry is "tiny_mce_src". Another test proved that although this file MUST exist, it does not have to contain anything to work.

My teammate and I are completely baffled. Can anyone tell us what's going on, how the TinyMCE plugins are working, where the REAL files are, etc?

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 17:18
    Pasang Tamang

Hi,

Did you check with RTE datatypes? You can enable and disable RTE toolbar tools from Developer >> Data Types >> Rich text editior.

You don't need to delete any files.

Thanks

PTamang

Jan 27, 2012 @ 17:24
    Sierra Santiago

I know how to do that. I don't want to delete it. I want to get it to work. The only reason we deleted files was to see if it would effect anything and it didn't. If deleting the files doesn't change anything, then altering the files to try and get them to work won't fix the problem either.

The real question is, how do we get this stupid spellchecker to work? We really need to figure this out. :/ 

Jan 27, 2012 @ 18:41
    Sierra Santiago

Does no one have a solution? Is there absolutely nothing I can do to fix this? I'm sorry if I sound irritated but I am. This is a big issue for me and my team.

Please, someone, anyone. Tell me what I need to do to get the Spell Checker to work. 

Jan 27, 2012 @ 21:21
    Sierra Santiago

So as I continue to tweak with this, I come close and closer to a solution yet I am still so far away from it. I'm finding out that it has to do with the tinymce.init(settings); The way your CMS sets up the Rich Text Editors is beyond me and I think it's this that is causing the error. Is there a way to simply how the rich text editor are generated and can I just set those settings myself?

An answer would be much appreciated. 

Jan 27, 2012 @ 22:16
    Sierra Santiago

I'm not trying to be rude but it's because of this issue that me and my teammates can no longer use Umbraco as the CMS of choice. :/ It's too bad because I actually really like everything else but a broken spell check is a big deal. I hope you get it figured out. Sorry but I won't be using Umbraco again.

Thank you. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft