Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Clifford 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 09:53
    Adam Clifford

Umbraco V5: Top level nodes without hostheader

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a site where there are a series of nodes at the same level as the home page e.g.

Home
    -Page1
    -Page2
    -Page3
    List
    -item1
    -item2
    -item3
    Properties
    -property1
    -property2
    Settings

Where Home, List, Properties and Settings all live on the same level (Under content).

The Problem that i am having is that I have created the Home page, but when I create the List node and its sub nodes I get the error that I need to set the host header and a url cannot be created. Is there a way round this or is this not possible because of the MVC structure?

Adam Clifford

• David F. Hill 122 posts 242 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 18:55
    David F. Hill

Hi Adam,

I'm not responding with a solution but to say that I posted the exact same question yesterday (but with no replies yet). I just wanted you to know you aren't the only one with this question.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/umbraco-5-general-discussion/28492-Site-Structure-in-v5

I presume there are others who are wondering about this as well. My conclusion so far has been to assume that Umbraco v5 is still too new to have many of the valuable features in v4.7.1 and/or there hasn't been time to create documentation regarding v5 features, best practices, and design approach.

If you gain insight about this, please post it on the forums.

Cheers, David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft