Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• webmonger 130 posts 285 karma points
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 10:19
    webmonger

Method not found: 'umbraco.macro umbraco.macro.GetMacro(System.String)'.

Experiencing an odd issue with a upgraded Umbraco 4.7.1 to 4.7.1.1 install.

In the back office when I click on a node with the RTE this error with thrown, can anyone help me fix this?

Method not found: 'umbraco.macro umbraco.macro.GetMacro(System.String)'.

This is the stack trace

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'umbraco.macro umbraco.macro.GetMacro(System.String)'.]
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.parseMacrosToHtml(String input) +0
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +45
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Thanks

Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:11
    webmonger

Matt Brailsford suggested clearing the client dependancy cache. this fixed the issues.

Cheers Matt :)

• Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Mar 02, 2012 @ 12:55
    Kim Løwert

Hi Matt,

How did you solve this issue? What steps did you go through to clear the client dependancy cache? I have suddenly xperienced the exact same issue in a 4.7.1.1 version after having worked in it for over two weeks, and I cannot seem to get it fixed. I get the error on all nodes that are of a document type with the RTE.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Cheers Kim

Mar 05, 2012 @ 11:27
    webmonger

Hi Kim

I opened ~/config/ClientDependency.config and changed the tag <clientDependency version="1"> to <clientDependency version="2">

Jon

Mar 05, 2012 @ 12:22
    Kim Løwert

Hi Jon

Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately it did not solve my issue :(

I have tried the trick you mentioned. I have tried to remove and paste in the umbraco-folders,. I have tried to remove the ~/App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependancy folder. I have tried to change <compilation debug="true"   /> to <compilation debug="false" /> and back again. But so far without luck. Right now I'm looking into a complete reinstall of umbraco as it seems there is something completely wrong with umbraco after my upgrade to 4.7.1.1 - unfortunately :(

Any other help would be much appreciated :)

Regards Kim

Mar 05, 2012 @ 20:31
    webmonger

Unfortunatley I cant be of much more help, I've not had too much trouble with CD so I'm no expert.

• Stefan Konno 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 15:34
    Stefan Konno

I have the exact same problem, I've tried the steps described in this thread without success, I suppose reinstalling Umbraco is the most viable option at the moment?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 16:05
    Tom Fulton

In addition to clearing out the ClientDependency folder and bumping the version number, I believe you also need to touch the web.config for the changes to take effect (add a blank line, delete, and re-save).  Not sure if you already tried that but thought I'd mention it.

-Tom

Mar 09, 2012 @ 16:21
    Kim Løwert

Hi Stefan,

I have made a complete re-install as I couldn't resolve the issue above. Something I thought of afterwards was that I did have some external projects in VS2010 that compiled into my solution. These had umbraco references (DLL's) that I hadn't updated to the DLL's from 4.7.1.1. I don't know if this would solve the issue, but I definately think you have to remember updating the DLL's in your referenced projects. Just a thought :)

What are your thoughts?

Regards Kim

• Michael Worrall 57 posts 82 karma points
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 14:08
    Michael Worrall

Hi Kim,

I've just experienced the exact same issue, and I was indeed referencing old binaries in VS2010, as soon as I copied the newer binaries across it started to work again.

Mike

Mar 16, 2012 @ 14:17
    Kim Løwert

Hi Michael,

Thanks for verifying that it solved your problem. So updating referenced binaries seem to be the solution to the issue! :)

Kim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft