Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hsj 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:51
    hsj

How to authenticate customers (from another backend) to see personalized pages?

We've been using Umbraco 4.7 for our content sites and have set up editors and content managers in Umbraco to maintain them and that's fine.  But we have another large backend with our customers that now need to be able to enter their credentials and see personalized pages.

I've been searching the forums, wiki and documentation for the past few hours trying to see if I can implement my own ASP.NET membership authentication but haven't been successful, I've seen a lot of people talking about it but no real guides on how to implement it.

Can I use even two different membership providers in Umbraco?  In my web.config the defaultProvider is UmbracoMembershipProvider, isn't that the user provider for Umbraco users (editors etc) and thus excluding the UsersMembershipProvider?

Maybe I should just write a log in form and maintain our customer information in session?  Any ideas how I would go about this? 

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft