Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• newbie 13 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:15

Website Search with Macro fed from user control file

i am trying to create a website search which is fed from a user control file, I have altere the examine indexes and seeting config files and now i am trying to run a macro to porduce the search results however i keep getting this error when running the search function.

Error creating control (usercontrols/SearchResults.ascx).
    Maybe file doesn't exists or the usercontrol has a cache directive, which is not allowed! See the tracestack for more information!
    Any ideas on how to solve this? 
    Thanks 

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:23
    Grant Thomas

Please state the version of your Umbraco instance.

Alsao, did you look at the 'tracestack' (stacktrace? Maybe someone was drunk, lol) as suggested? And could you please post it for our perusal?

Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:26

this is the error the stack trace shows 

macro 

Error creating usercontrol (usercontrols/SearchResults.ascx)
    Could not load type 'UmbracoUsersGuide.usercontrols.SearchResults'.
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal()
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at umbraco.macro.loadUserControl(String fileName, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

And the version of umbraco is umbraco v 4.7.1.1

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 14:22
    Pasang Tamang

Hi,

I think you're missing the dll related with your usercontrol SearchResults.ascx. Place the dll into bin folder and then it should work.

Thanks

Pasang

Mar 27, 2012 @ 16:23

ok so this is gonna sound sooo stupid, but this is the first ever time/project of working with umbraco, what is the dll? Im following the instructions/coding given in the Umbraco Users guide book (http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0470560827,descCd-DOWNLOAD.html)

Do i create a dll? or can i find it somewhere? 

Thanks! 

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 06:47
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 17:17

Sorted it now, Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft